Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Weekend at Mike & Wendy's

We got back to Mike at Wendy's in the mid afternoon on Friday, and immediately Wendy and Rico left to go grocery shopping for our big Mexican feast on Saturday night. Our Mexican feast has grown from a simple dinner to thank Mike and Wendy for letting us stay with them, to a great big dinner party, that's not hard to do with this family.

I told Wendy a few weeks ago that we'd like to cook them dinner one night while we are here and I asked if they liked Mexican food, and she said sure, we'd love that. So the night we arrived, Wendy said that they had dinner with Harriet and Peter and Mae and Ross the other night and they mentioned our dinner, and Ross said what time. So the numbers are growing. Then I said since they are all coming, can I invite Rob and Louise too, because I know them best, and I'd love to spend time with them too, and if they come, my mom is staying with them, so she should be here too, and then well, Auntie should be here too, if my mom's going to be here, so in a matter of minutes, or little dinner party grew to 13 people! Rico's a little worried, about the food and about this much family at one time again! They are all so easing going, we assured him he doesn't have to worry and besides, he has lots of help. Right now, while I sit with the kids, Mike and Wendy are taking instructions from Rico and they are cooking away, it smells very good in here now.

So that's where we are now, Katie is about ready for a bottle, so I better go for now. I'll tell you all about our meal and how it turned out later on.....chili rellenos, chicken enchiladas, Spanish rice, beans, guacamole and chips and stuffed jalapeno peppers, and alcohol, with this family there is always alcohol involved.....

No comments: