Thursday, April 9, 2009

Vancouver, B.C.
















As what seemed like a special treat, I got to start my day down at the gym on the 4th floor of our hotel. It's been so long since I've been to a gym, it really seemed like a treat. I worked out, I swam, I sat in the steam room and sauna...ahhh, the small things in life.



After my workout, we had breakfast in the hotel, then set out on a walk around the city to see what we could find. It was cold, high 40's to mid 50's and rainy. We set out on a pathway that lead around the bay and just walked as far as we could. We walked around a place called Stanley Park, it's very large and we only scratched the surface. As we walked the rain stopped and it warmed up for us a bit, we were comfortable. Both Josh and Katie slept for quite awhile.

We turned back after quite some time and headed back to our hotel, we were getting hungry and need lunch. We found a wonderful store a block away from our hotel that is like a Whole Foods, we bought some chicken and veggies for lunch and a few snacks and a few items for our dinner. We got back to our room and ate our lunch. I laid down for just a minute to rest and an hour later, I woke up surprised that I had fallen asleep. I haven't had this much exercise in a long time! By the time I woke up, the sun was shining and it was beautiful outside, so we decided to take another walk into town where all the trendy shops were. We walked around there for awhile, lots of stores, restaurants, and mostly coffee shops, on every corner there were coffee shops....we found a little sushi for our dinner and came back to our room. Josh ate a peanut butter sandwich and then he and his sister went to bed.

While Rico and I enjoyed the sunset and our beautiful view, we ate sushi, bread, cheese, and roasted peppers while sipping on a nice bottle of wine. What a nice way to end our day.

No comments: