Thursday, March 19, 2009

On the Road Again


April 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Banff and Lake Louise
Victoria, BC
Vancouver, BC


It's time again, it's time for the Rico's next great adventure. This time it's to Calgary, Alberta, Banff and Lake Louise, Victoria and Vancouver, BC. We're all very excited. This will be Katie's first trip, and Joshua is already a seasoned traveller.

It's still very cold up north, so we're packing all our warmest clothes, buying a few things, borrowing some from our friends (thank you Christy!) and whatever we don't have, our cousins will fill in the rest.

Our first weekend there will include a big family party celebrating my aunt's 80th birthday. She has a huge family, 10 kids, 18 grand kids and several great-grandchildren and they are throwing her a surprise party. It will be fun and overwhelming to see all my cousins all at once. It's been 12 years since I have been to Calgary and Rico hasn't met any of them, so he's a little nervous about meeting them all at once. They are all very casual and very easy going and fun, so I know we will all have a great time.

Right now I am trying to figure out everything that we will be needing. The smaller the child, the more stuff they need. So for the next 10 days I will be figuring out and organizing our things...double stroller, 2 car seats, diapers (2 sizes), formula, bottles, sippy cups, cameras, lap top (so Rico can do some work and I can up date the blog)...the list goes on...I hope we can carry it all....stay tuned...

No comments: